ChALC work closely with Cheshire Community Action who are the lead officers for Parish and Neighbourhood Planning.
Have you thought about a Parish Plan
CLP Summary Sheet
WHAT IS IT?
A critical but constructive survey of a community by the people who live and work in that community that results in the development of a community voice which is then used to create a shared vision for the future and an action plan for turning that vision into reality.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN IT?
- Executive Summary
- Background to the Community Led Plan -or– How things began?
- A description of the parish in words, figures and pictures
- Maps and plans to set the geographical context
- The process and methodology used
- The data and results collected
- The Action Plan – the What, Who, When, How and Who Pays Section
- The Implementation Plan – Monitoring and Review
- Acknowledgements and contacts list
WHO PRODUCES IT?
The whole community working in collaboration and co-operation with Parish, local Unitary Authority and any other partner individuals, bodies or organisations that have an impact on that community and/or can help to deliver change.
HOW IS IT DONE?
- FIRST Contact Cheshire Community Action for information/support
- Hold open meeting/s and information events
- Identify issues and recruit volunteers
- Form a steering group
- Form working or focus groups
- Devise a 12-18 month programme of work, events and tasks
- Apply for and secure grant funding and other fund-raising
- Do your homework and local research
- Consult the community widely using a range of consultation methods
- Analyse your information and data
- Report your findings back to the community
- Devise an action plan with realistic and achievable actions
- Consult your community again – get them on board
- Launch your Community Led Plan widely within and outside the area
- Start your implementation – form an implementation group
- Continue to monitor and review progress
- Undertake periodic review and renewal once most projects completed